Thursday, April 18, 2013

P is for THE PERFECT CHOCOLATE COOKIE





Hi Everyone,
I just made of patch of one of my families favorite cookies. When my entire family is together, I make at least five dozens of these chocolate tastes of heaven and they disappear before the weekend is over. The only trick is to make sure you don't over cook them. I hope you enjoy them as much my family does.

((Hugs))
Nancy C. Weeks
Author of In the Shadow of Greed
Release date: 29 April 2013


Perfect Chocolate Cookies

4 squares of Baker's unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour

Microwave unsweetened chocolate and butter in a large microwaveable bowl on high 1/1/2 to 2 minutes until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar; mix well. Blend in eggs. Add flour; mix well. Scoop out into balls with a cookie scoop and bake on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 350. Let cool and make chocolate icing.


The Most Wonderful Chocolate Frosting in the World (takes all of 5 minutes)

Bring to a soft boil or until everything blended:
1 stick of butter
4 Tbs. cocoa or 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate
¼ C of milk
Pour over 1 pound of powdered sugar.  Beat until smooth. If the icing is a little runny, add a little more sugar. Spread over each cookie and decorate with nuts or candy. 
  

1 comment :

  1. This looks pretty yummy. I'm a chocolate/cookie fan myself. I also love Josh Groban...he's just the best. Also Kenny G and Buble. Great minds think alike. :-) I'm popping in from the a-z, I think you are number 900 something. Ten more days to go and I'm only halfway thought the list! I, too, can relate to staying home w/ my kids. I LOVED it. I went to college when my youngest was in 2nd grade. I still wish I was home w/ my kids. They were the best years of my life. You did the right thing!! Visit me, if you'd like:
    from The Dugout

    ReplyDelete