Monday, April 1, 2013

A IS FOR AN AMAZING, AWESOME LIFE!



Hi everyone,
So let the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge begin! What is Blogging from A to Z? Well...for me it's a challenge I've decided to do to gently shove myself out of my comfort zone. I plan to post something every day of the month except Sundays about my views on life, success, dreams, struggles, and maybe a recipe or two. This is the first time I have ever tried to do something like this, but the month of April has turned into a new adventure in so many different ways. So let the fun begin...

I have posted in the past that we should strive to be the best we can be. So today’s A topic is about finding that road in your life that leads to AWESOME!

As Kid President is famous for saying, "We are made to be AWESOME!"

[Here's Kid President's link: http://bit.ly/XC2ZJZ]
  
I have to say, for a little kid, he's spot-on. We all come with our own unique talents.  So during this month, I’m going to challenge you to start living your own definition of an awesome life. It’s right in front of your face, waiting for you to reach out for it. But don’t think it’s going to be easy. My mother, who was a very smart, wise woman used to say that nothing worth having comes easy. Being who you always wanted to be is going to be hard work, but I promise, in the end, you will find such overwhelming contentment.

What do I plan to do to make my life more awesome, amazing? Well, at the end of this month, on April 29th to be exact, I will be celebrating one of my life long dreams—to publish my first book [yep-cover and blurb are below].

Was this dream easy? Heck no! Has it become easier since I signed a contract for my first book sale with Crimson Romance? NO! In fact, my world just became very complicated. But, am I on the ride of my life? HECK YEAH! The long hours of staring at a computer screen, grueling revisions, rejections―I love every minute of it because I’m living my own awesome life! Now it’s your turn. On Your Mark, Get Set―GO! MAKE YOUR LIFE AWESOME!

((Hugs))
Nancy C. Weeks




In the Shadow of Greed by Nancy C. Weeks

Release Date: 29 April 2013

Brilliant cryptologist Dr. Sarah Tu races against time to block the most dangerous Internet malware ever created, a botnet called QUALNTO. While Sarah is closed off in her computer lab, her sister, Hanna, is brutally attacked and left in a coma. As Sarah reels with guilt over not being there for her sister, a web of deception closes in, threatening her and everyone she loves.

Hanna's condition is misleading. In her coma state, she is able to build a psychic bridge with FBI Special Agent Jason McNeil. Her cryptic messages plague Jason to keep Sarah safe.

Tough and street-smart Jason McNeil doesn't believe in telepathic messages, and fights the voice inside his head. His first impression of Dr. Sarah Tu is another stiletto wearing ice-dragon on the wall path--until he witnesses her facade crumble after seeing her sister's bloody, tortured body. Jason's protective instinct kicks in. He fall for Sarah--hard.

When an extremely dangerous arms dealer and cybercriminal discovers that Sarah blocked his botnet, he kidnaps Sarah. Placed in an impossible position, will she destroy the botnet to protect national security or release to save the man she loves?  

Coming soon to: Crimson Romance ebooks / Amazon / B&N / iTunes



Leave a message and let me know what you think.

11 comments :

  1. What a wonderful post, Nancy! It's easy to overlook the awesome when it gets buried under the day-to-day mundane, but like you said - it's right there in front of you if you'll just look for it. I'm so excited for your book launch! April 29 can't get here soon enough, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juli!
    Thanks so much for your very kind words and welcome to my blog. AND, yes, April 29th can't come fast enough.
    I'm so glad you found me. I'm heading over to look you up. This A to Z challenge is going to be a blast! Have a great day,
    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Nancy! I wish you the best with your book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam!
    Welcome. I'm glad you found me and thanks so much. One minute, I feel like bouncing like Tigger, and the next, I'm scared to death. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean!!! The marketing is especially scary! Yikes!

      Delete
    2. Marketing myself is way out of my comfort zone. Check out my previous post. I love promoting everyone...but me.

      Delete
  5. Great post, Nancy!! And 'awesome' is a brilliant 'A' word, and a fab start to the challenge! Good luck on release day (same day for me, too!), and have fun with the challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber,
      So glad you found me and enjoyed the post. I love that we are CR release buddies. This is our month! I hope you have fun with this challenge too. I'm heading over to find you right now.
      Hugs

      Delete
  6. Found your blog through A to Z challenge. Congratulations on your book! That's awesome indeed! I'm presently writing my own. Keeping fingers crossed for its publication. :-)

    Sonnia J. Kemmer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonnia,
      Thanks so much! I never thought it would happen...then it just did. LOL. What are you writing? Whatever you do, don't ever give up.I wish you the best of luck.

      Delete
  7. Hi Nancy. Awesome is for great cover for your new release. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete