Sunday, April 14, 2013

L is for LIFE IS SHORT SO LIVE THE LIFE YOU LOVE.



Hi everyone,

Happy Sunday. So sorry I didn’t post yesterday. In the A to Z Challenge, Sunday is supposed to be the day of rest. Well, I took yesterday off so I'm posting today instead.

I know you have heard the adage that life is short. Well, it is. And sadly, it can also change in an instant. I experienced that little fact firsthand more than once in my fifty-four years.  Some of those changes were heartbreaking and I may never fully recover from them. But other unexpected changes have led me down roads I could never have imagined, and brought more joy than I think I deserve.

Fact of life: bad things happen to good people. I don’t understand why it has to be that way, but it just is. And what is so hard to take sometimes is the lack of control I have over the events that change my life so dramatically. Crappy things happen despite all the good things I try to do.

So how do I deal with life’s crappy changes? Well, I put a smile on my face and deal with it. I choose to be happy and pleasant no matter what life throws at me. My disposition is my choice.

My favorite photo of me and my mom

I truly believe that every problem has a solution. If I can’t find a solution, then maybe my problem isn’t a problem at all, but a fact of my life. It all boils down to my favorite prayer, The Serenity Prayer. I posted it below if you care to read it.

The hardest part of life’s changes is accepting the things we can’t change. For me, it’s just easier to smile and deal with everything in the most positive way possible. It doesn’t mean I don’t get angry, upset, just plain pissed off at the things I can’t change. I yell, vent, throw things like a pro, but I just don’t allow myself to dwell in that state for long. WHY?  It’s just too hard to be miserable.

I challenged you in letter A to find and live your awesome life. Well, you can’t stop the bad things from happening. You can control how you deal with them. That is your choice and no one can take that away from you.

((Hugs to all))
Nancy C. Weeks
Author of In the Shadow of Greed
Release date: 29 April 2013



3 comments :

  1. My grandmother loved the Serenity Prayer. I try to live by it, too. Not always easy but I agree, it is easier to try to smile through the pain, then deal with the pain sometimes.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loni,
    You are one of the sweetest people I know. You always have a hug and a smile for those you meet. Your grandmother was a wise, wonderful woman. Thanks so much for stopping by. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing now what happened yesterday, it's almost like you wrote this as a warning. Incredible timing. And wonderful advice.

    ReplyDelete