Tuesday, April 2, 2013

B is for: BRIGHTEN UP SOMEONE'S DAY!




Hi Everyone,

Today’s B topic is…BRIGHTEN SOMEONE’S DAY. I challenge everyone who reads this post to go out and do something for someone else just to brighten up their day. AND...I want you to do it for no other reason than to show this person you care. 

I hope you are not sick of hearing about random acts of kindness. Our lives have become so filled with things we have to do, we sometimes forget about the things we should do.  

It doesn’t take much to brighten a person’s day. What puts a smile on my face? 
An empty dishwasher! 

That’s a 10 minute job out of a 1440 minute day. In my chair, it’s easy to take the dishes off the counter and place them in the dishwasher, but it’s a pain in the butt to put them away. I can do it----I just don’t like doing it. So when I find the dishwasher emptied...and I didn't have to bug someone for a hour to do it, well it just puts me in the best mood. 

Take a moment and think about someone who shares your life.  What would place a smile on his/hers face? Remember, it doesn’t have to be a grand jester. Keep it simple, keep it fun. Just do it!

If you want to share what you did, leave a comment and I will share mine.

((Hugs))

Nancy C. Weeks
Author of In the Shadow of Greed
Release date: 29 April 2013



10 comments :

  1. Great idea! I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelina,
      I'm so glad you found me. I hope to see you back during the challenge. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Oops! Cyber gremlins ate my comment! Instead of typing it all again, suffice it to say that my husband did something really nice for me without being asked, so I'm reciprocating by making a time-consuming, labor intensive meal that he really loves but that I hate. :)

    Wonderful post, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Juli,
      LOL. Does that mean you have eat something you hate or are you making yourself something different? I've decided to do a couple loads of my 25 year old son's --deep in master's classes--laundry. I hate laundry so I feel your pain. I may get a hug from through. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Awww this is amazing! I love it! I have been doing a lot of random acts of kindness lately, never hurts to do another one! :) Now I gotta go find something I can do. I think it is time to write a letter to a friend.

    Konstanz Silverbow
    nothoughts2small.blogspot.com
    A-to-Z April Blogging Challenge Co-host
    www.a-to-zchallenge.com

    *Please turn off word verification. Blogger is super good about catching spam! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by, Konstanz. I loved your post as well. Giving me a few idea for the next book. Best of luck with the letter.

      Delete
  4. What a great B entry! I love these feel good posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine,
      Thanks so much for dropping by. People have accused me of being a Pollyanna. I guess I can't argue with them...nor do I want to. :)
      I hope you stop by again real soon.

      Delete
  5. It's late in the evening, but I'll look for an opportunity tomorrow. I am a fan of random kindness too : ). Good luck with the rest of the alphabet, and congratulations on getting your book published.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Joyce!
    I'm still on cloud nine over the book release. As for the challenge, so far, I'm have a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete