Friday, April 12, 2013

K is for KICK-CRAZY TALENT!


Happy Friday everyone,
Yep, you caught me again. I couldn’t find the right word for the letter K so I made up one--KICK-CRAZY.
But please don’t allow my word to distract you from the point of this post because today I’m sharing another one of my favorite things.

I'm astounded by how clever people can be.Take a couple minutes and watch the video below.


The genius who created the giant xylophone in the middle of a forest in Japan did it supposedly to advertise a new phone. I know this isn't a new video. It's been around the Internet for a couple years. But every time I come across it,  I'm dumbfounded by the cleverness of it all. 

So pardon me for a minute while I roll up onto my short soapbox for a Pollyanna moment.

This world is filled with amazing people doing amazing things every hour of every day. But most of us never see any of it. So here is my question. Why don't we  focus our attention on appreciating all the greatness we have to offer instead of only focusing on the worst of humanity? Why is our daily news flashes on the evil and corrupt when we have so many great stories out there that fill us with hope and goodness? 

Why wasn't the giant xylophone spread across the front pages of newspapers worldwide? I spend my days in my writer’s cave. So it I know that these amazing people exist, then…

Okay, I’m off my soapbox. Thanks for allowing me to vent. Since my blog is my space, I’ll continue to post amazing finds in hope that it encourages one thing.
  • That we all begin to see the best in mankind instead of the worst. It’s just a matter of perception.
If you have an example of an awesome, amazing, talented person,  and want to share it, please shoot me an email. In the meantime, I will leave you with one of my favorite Anna Murray song. It's a little dated, but I'm not the only who feels we need adjust our thinking.


((Hugs to all))
Nancy C. Weeks
Author of In the Shadow of Greed
Release date: 29 April 2013

4 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nancy,
    So happy to see you're an A To Z-er this year, too! Nutmeg really loves it, but I still get to keep my columns, so I'm happy.
    Hickory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hickory,
      Thanks so much for dropping by. It is so nice to see you here. I want my readers to get to know you. How about an interview? Until then, please don't be a stranger.

      Delete