Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Q is for NEVER QUIT and S is for STAYING THE COURSE

Hello Everyone!

For my next post for the #AtoZChallenge, I'm going to do a little catch up by combining today's letter S with the letter I missed, Q. I know skipping Q isn't keeping you up at night, but it is making me feel like a slacker.  So...

Q is NEVER QUIT

AND...

S is for STAYING THE COURSE!




In some ways, my topic, Q is for NEVER QUIT and S is for STAYING THE COURSE, says it all. I thought I would give you a little insight on how these two statements became so important to me.

As a young girl, learning to read was extremely difficult. In fact, I had trouble with every subject in school. Nothing came easy. I spent hours staring at an assignment without a clue on how to complete it. My father would come over and tap the page, "Only quitters quit. You're not a quitter. Stay the course."

At the time, I didn't appreciate how consequential my father’s words were.  Since then however, I’ve learned that turning my dreams into my reality was hard, grueling work.

Each of us has a tendency to block out own paths when it comes to living the dream.  The biggest obstacle in our way is ...ourselves.  I have  found the only way to get out of my own way is by setting specific goals and... staying the course.  

It's that simple.  Take responsibility for making your own circumstances and ... stay the course! 

Tell me about your dreams and what you have done to keep them alive and stay the course?

Hugs to all,

Nancy C. Weeks

1 comment :

  1. I think the most valuable thing a parent can teach a child is that success only comes through hard work and not quitting. From the outside, it seems like others handle things easily but it's usually not true. The effort is hidden.
    Thanks for visiting the Untethered Realms site!
    River Fairchild – A to Z April Challenge
    Untethered Realms

    ReplyDelete