Monday, April 20, 2015

P IS FOR IN THE SHADOW OF PRIDE

HAPPY MONDAY, EVERYONE!




I'm a day behind on the #AtoZChallenge. My post for Saturday did not post for some strange reason. I was away from social media this weekend and couldn't fit it. So bare with me while I catch back up. Tomorrow I plan to create a post for Q and R and be back on track.

This post is shameless self-promotion,  but if you had a wonderful story you had such an amazing time creating, wouldn't you also want to share it with the world? 

So ....

P is for IN THE SHADOW OF PRIDE




In the Shadow of Pride has just been nominated by InD'Tale magazine for the 2015 RONE Award.  Voting Period for the Romantic Suspense category begins next week,  April 27 - May 3, 2015. The RONE Award recognizes the very best books in the Indie and Small publishing industry and I'm so very proud that In the Shadow of Pride is on that amazing list. 

Today, I thought I would just leave you with the blurb and an excerpt. I have to say it took me a long time to get over Mac and Lexie. I fell completely in love with this couple from page one. Honestly, I still dream about them ...explore what their lives are like now that they are together. Yup, my characters become very real to me while I writing their story. Readers constant remark that I have brought them to tears or made them laugh out loud. The only way I could do that is to get inside my characters hearts and souls. So...yeah, it can be a little hard letting that go. 

I wrote a post about my characters on the release day of In the Shadow of Pride. You can read it here: RELEASE DAY OF IN THE SHADOW OF PRIDE.

And here is the blurb for In the Shadow of Pride


Lexie Trevena buried her murdered husband, discovered he had cheated on her, and signed to adopt his newborn son—all before noon. Now she just wants to raise her child in the loving, supportive home she never had. The last thing she needs is another man to complicate her life, but her best friends feel differently. Their matchmaking meddling accidentally places Lexie smack in the path of a terrorist who intends to use her as his pawn.


 The only person who can help her is the FBI agent she holds responsible for her husband’s death.


Special-Agent-In-Charge Luke “Mac” McNeil watched his best friend and partner marry a woman he knew was too good for him, but he did nothing to stop the wedding. He stood by as Lexie adopted the cheating jerk’s son. But when someone goes to great lengths to make it appear that Lexie is responsible for launching a drone into the home of a prominent Texas senator, Mac’s conscience finally speaks up, and he fights for Lexie’s freedom ... even though all the evidence leads to her door, and she has never given him a reason to trust her. Can Lexie and Mac find the courage to forgive and trust, or will their pride stand in the way of love, allowing terrorists to bring another devastating attack onto United States soil?


Excerpt of In the Shadow of Pride

Lexie leaned her back against the cool stone and made herself release Mac’s hand. She then took a breath of fresh, clean air and tried to hide the shakiness in her voice. “Now what?”
“I’m going to drop down to the roof. You will kneel on the ledge and, using the window to balance, turn so your legs hang over the edge. Let go of the ledge, and I’ll catch you.”
“Are you crazy? I can’t—”
“Lexie, look behind you.”
She turned her head slowly toward the open window. Flames appeared under the door and the small office was completely filled with smoke. One word escaped her lips. “Trapped.”
“Once we get down onto the roof, there’s a fire escape ladder to the street.” He reached for her hand. “Gabriel needs you. We can do this together.”
Finding her voice, she whispered, “Not fair using Gabriel.” She bit down on her lower lip and dredged up an ounce of courage. “Mac, do what you have to do.”
With the grace of a trained athlete, he lowered himself over the side until only the tips of his fingers were on the ledge. An instant later, he dropped, landing on his feet.
“Tag, you’re it, Lexie. Just drop and I’ll catch you. Trust me.”
Lexie’s heart pounded like she had just run the 100-yard dash. After a quick glance into the office, she knelt, and holding onto the window, rolled onto her stomach.
“That’s it. Now just ease your legs over the ledge.”
The instant her feet hit empty space, panic ripped through her and she swung a leg back onto the ledge as her fingers dug into the window frame. God, she couldn’t do this. It was freaking crazy.
“You have to let go of the window frame. I’m right under you.”
“This isn’t the time to be nice to me, Mac.”
“Okay, then how’s this? I’m loving the view of the sexiest red panties I have ever seen that barely cover an ass that will live in my dreams for years to―”
Lexie dropped. Before she could get out the ear-piercing, girly scream that roared in her head, she landed in Mac’s arms. The impact crushed the air from her lungs.
“You’re okay,” he whispered. “I’ve got you.”
Wrapping her arms around his neck, she allowed his strength and his herbal all-male scent to soothe her. He eased her legs back on solid ground, but she didn’t let go. She couldn’t remember a time in her life when she felt so safe, protected.
She raised her chin and met his amused stare. Of all stupid days to wear a skirt to work. As soon as she got out of this mess, it was going to Goodwill.
Heat spread up her neck and her chest tightened. “This one time, I’m going to let that go.”
“Let what go, Lexie?” Mac’s hand moved slowly down her back to her waist and pressed her tightly against him.
His touch sent a flash of need that had been dormant for too long into her gut. Lexie swallowed but couldn’t look him in the face. “That wasn’t my best moment on that ledge. You shouldn’t have looked.”
“You told me not to be nice. I was saving your life.”

To read the first three chapters for free, CLICK HERE

That's all for today. Until tomorrow, be kind of one another.

Hugs to all,

Nancy C. Weeks




No comments :

Post a Comment