Monday, April 13, 2015

KICK-CRAZY TALENT REVISITED

Hello Everyone!



It's Monday and the A to Z Challenge topic is ...

K is for KICK-CRAZY TALENT!


Okay, I made up that word but I had a very good reason.  Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite things. I'm astounded by how clever people can be. Take a couple minutes and watch the video below. Turn up the volume.  





The genius who created the giant xylophone in the middle of a forest in Japan did it to advertise a new phone. I skip the ad in the last minute of the video because the phone is most likely obsolete. This video has been around the Internet for a few years. But every time I come across it,  I'm dumbfounded by the cleverness of it all. 

So pardon me for a minute while I roll up onto my short soapbox for a Pollyanna moment.

This world is filled with amazing people doing amazing things every hour of every day. But most of us never see any of it. So here is my question. Why don't we  focus our attention on appreciating all the greatness we have to offer instead of only focusing on the worst of humanity? Why is our daily news flashes on the evil and corrupt when we have so many great stories out there that fill us with hope? 

Why wasn't the giant xylophone spread across the front pages of newspapers worldwide? Since my blog is my venue to share the amazing in all forms, I’ll continue to post what I believe is the best of all of us in hope that it encourages one thing.


That we all begin to see the best in mankind instead of the worst. It’s just a matter of perspective.

I’m rolling off my soapbox. Thanks for allowing me to vent. If you have an example of an awesome, amazing, talented person or event,  and want to share it, please post it in comments or on MY FACEBOOK PAGE

That's it for today. Until tomorrow, have a great day and be kind to one another.

Hugs to all,

Nancy C. Weeks


COMMENTS WELCOME


4 comments :

  1. I had seen that somewhere before. You are so right. People do amazing things create beautiful things and yet we see only the bad on the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was brilliant! And you're right, why hasn't this amazing piece of work been touted again and again? I'm sharing it. I love art that steps outside the frame.

    Thanks for visiting The Write Game. Hope to see more of you this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that the local news station I watch does have every half hour a story that is a "good" news story. Something cool like this. Sometimes they have more than one good story, but to know that there is always going to be at least one is good. Great post! If you have time you should stop by and check out my K Post.

    ReplyDelete