Sunday, February 8, 2015

AND A NEW SERIES BEGINS

Happy Saturday, Everyone!


I thought I would share with you what I've been up to lately. As you know, my McNeil's series came to an end with the release of the fifth book, In the Shadow of Vengeance. Publishing an entire series in eighteen months was an unbelievable dream come true. When it was over, I honestly didn't know what to do with myself. Part of me wanted to rush back into writing, but I hadn't a clue what to write. Besides, I had been working no stop and everything in me needed time to rest, step back and just enjoy my real world.

The next few weeks, the questions that circled around in my conscious night and day seemed endless.What type of book did I know want to write? Who did I want to write it for? Did I want to venture into the new and growing self-publishing world?  Did I want to try out a new genre? Maybe my next book shouldn't be a full-length novel but something shorter, less intense like a novella or even a short story. And you can bet I drove my poor family and close friends crazy.

The one thing I completely forgot to add to my list of questions was what did I love to read?

Romantic suspense. 

I love the action packed scenes that yank the characters from one near disaster to the next. And in the middle of all that chaos, I absolutely adore watching my hero and heroine fall in love across the page despite what's happening around them. 

Of course, wonderful emails from readers tipped that scale enormously. For example, this one from my CONTACT ME icon:

"Are you sure "Vengeance" is going to be the last book in this series?  I'm not ready for it to end.  I have LOVED all of these books and wish there would be more!!Regards,
Kathy.

Well Kathy, thanks so much for your very encouraging email. You gave me the kick I needed to get back to work. I have decided on a new three book romantic suspense series that will have the most usually supernatural element. I don't have a title yet, [maybe that will be a contest for my Newsletters subscriber] but I know it will have something to do with the saying, 'See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil'.  There are so many books out there with that title, I could never use it---so I'm going to have to be very clever.

Here is a little look at how I develop my characters. It's going to be hard to read but I just wanted to give you an image of how I work out the main characters in each book. Once I finish a thorough bio of all my characters, I can't help dive into serious daily writing---because they won't leave me alone until I type THE END of the last book.


My heroine: Emersyn


 My Hero: Alec



I will share more about this new WIP [work in progress] in days and weeks to come. New authors, if you ever have questions about my writing process, please don't hesitate either leaving a comment below or emailing me.

Well, that's all for today. Before I leave, I want to remind everyone--as if you can't see the big pink banner--that every book in my series is on sale this month only for #$1.99. Great time to load the kindle [AMAZON only deal] for books to carry you through the last months of winter and maybe a few for lying on the warm sands this summer. Here's the link:



Have a wonderful week and please try to be nice to one another. OH...keep your eyes open for the beauty in your world and post it here so we can share in it. 

Hugs to all,

Nancy C. Weeks

COMMENTS WELCOMED. CLICK ON PENCIL




No comments :

Post a Comment