Thursday, August 13, 2015

DUMP THE EXCUSES AND DIVE INTO WRITING

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

Today I'm being interviewed at The Write Way Cafe.  I'm talking about my writing life, inspirations and chocolate cake. Here is a little taste. 

If In the Shadow of Vengeance was made into a movie, who would play your main characters, and why?

     What a wonderful thought!  As I was writing Vengeance, I envisioned Elizabeth Merlot as a combination between Julie Gonzalo and Stana Katic. They portray such strong, spirited women.  For my villain, I have a little confession. I use to be an avid General Hospital fan and my favorite character was Sonny Corinthos. When I started writing my first novel, In the Shadow of Evil, I used the darkest side of Sonny for my inspiration for ElĂ­as Mendoza. So Maurice Benard would be my choice. He knows how to be charming one minute, and on a dime, completely ruthless. As for Noah McNeil, I’ve haven’t found an actor that I can say, “He’s a perfect Noah.”  Maybe your readers can give me some suggestions.
     If your readers are interested in other inspirations I used for the series, I have created story boards for each book. You can find it here: Nancy on Pinterest

What or who has been instrumental in or to your writing journey?


     I have had some amazing people who have supported me in my writing journey. First on the list has to be my mom. She used to constantly ask when was I going to write my book. She saw something in me that I didn’t see in myself. Sadly, she passed away before I had the courage to take that first step. As for that first step, my wonderful sister, Mary gave me that shove. When she decided to quit smoking, I told her I was her sponsor of sorts and would do anything to support her. She challenged me to send her the first ten pages of my first chapter. I started In the Shadow of Evil and she loved it. After a year, I had a finished novel and she was smoke free for 365 days. Awesome moment for both of us.

Here is the link for the rest of the interview: The Write Way Cafe. Drop on my and make sure you say hi!

Hugs,

Nancy C. Weeks

No comments :

Post a Comment