Wednesday, July 15, 2015

SOMETIMES I JUST HAVE TO WRITE

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

I hope your week is going well. Mine has turned into a harried rollercoaster ride, completely out of my control. I feel like I'm rolling on a very thin rope while balancing very shaky plates in the air overhead.



In the middle of these plates, I'm trying to work on finishing another chapter in my newest novel. Stress isn't the best muse for creativity. I have actually considered tucking the manuscript back into it's folder and closing my laptop until things level out. 

Until I received this heartwarming review from a reader about my new release, Shadows and Light: The Complete Series:

"Amazingly great series! Hated so bad when I finished the last book. Does Mrs. Weeks have any other books? "

Talk about lighting a fire...

I can't change what's happening in my life right now. What I can control is how I deal with it. I'm an author and that means I have a responsibility to my readers, my publisher -- and my dream to fight through the stress and worry and put words on a page. 

Life is never going to be perfect. If it's not these plates, there will be others just as serious. 

When I changed my thinking, let go of the worry and dug into my story, I discovered my focus returned. My world seemed to get a little easier to bare. 

So I guess John Lubbock had it right all along. "A day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work."

(((Super Hugs to all)))

Nancy C. Weeks

2 comments :

  1. It's a message like yours that reminds me to stop withdrawing and to reach out instead. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad something I may have said helped! It's wonderful that you dropped by. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete