Saturday, June 20, 2015

MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

Happy Saturday, Everyone!

I ran across this quote this week and thought I would share. 


The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness and a deep loving concern.  Beautiful people do not just happen.  

~~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross ~~


The first beautiful person that came to mind that fit this quote to a tee was Mother Teresa. I have always loved this dear, spiritual woman.




After giving it a little thought, I realized that I'm surrounded by beautiful people in my daily life. So what do I take away from this quote? 

It reminds me that the overwhelming struggles I have gone through have shaped me into a woman I am. I can only hope it's made me more sensitive, understanding, appreciative of the wonders in my life, more compassionate, and  most of all, more loving to everyone I meet.

My challenge to my blogging buddies is to take note of the people in your life that fit this quote. I promise it will change your perception of the world. 

That's it for today. I hope you have a restful weekend, and as always, be nice to one another.

Hugs to all,

Nancy C. Weeks

2 comments :

  1. Beautifully said, Nancy. I've always believed that the seeds of triumph grow well in the soil of adversity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true, Terriann. Sometimes I just wish that soil could be a tab more gentle. :) Loved that you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete