Monday, July 21, 2014

HAPPY RELEASE DAY IN THE SHADOW OF PRIDE

Good morning everyone!!!


Today is the DAY! In the Shadow of Pride releases to the world. It no longer just lives in my head and heart. I'm sharing it to you for all time. 


THIS IS ME RIGHT NOW--YIPPEEEEEE





Okay, I'm taking a breath, in through the nose---out through the mouth. Release days don't come often for an author and it's just so very exciting.








I know that I'm going to come down from this release high and things are going get back to normal. Until that moment happens, I want to share with you a few photos that I kept close while writing In the Shadow of Pride. Every author needs a little eye candy to look at now and then. 









So...with that said---I would love for you to meet my inspiration for my wonderful hero, Special-Agent-In-Charge, Luke 'Mac' McNeil.




This is actor, Josh Holloway from the famous series Lost and now he's starring as Gabriel Vaughn on the new CBS series, Intelligence. Josh makes a perfect Mac, doesn't he? The instant I saw this photo, I knew he had had to be Mac. 










Choosing my heroine always takes me a little longer. So for Lexie Trevena, I finally found this photo of actress, Jessica Alba. Jessica is almost exactly what I envisioned my heroine while I was writing Pride. I can see a loving single mother in Jessica. And just look at her eyes---good grief--- would she give Mac a run for his money or what? So...let me know what you think of Jessica Alba as Lexie once you have had a chance to read Pride. If not her, then who would you have chosen? I would love to know...





The next thing I needed to inspire my writing of In the Shadow of Pride was the setting. Austin Texas had to be the city. Did you know I'm a misplaced Austinite? I spent a year at the University of Texas before I married my hero and moved to Maryland. Austin will always be one of our homes.




Austin Texas is a very beautiful, unique city. I have never found another city quite like Austin. It was the perfect backdrop for In the Shadow of Pride.







This photo was very important to Pride. One glance and I headed off in a direction that change my story and made it so much stronger. Such an exciting suspenseful element. Maybe one day, I'll hold a contest question about this photo. What scene was inspired by this photo....hummmm?  














This scene of the walkway up to the Texas State Capitol build also inspired a very dramatic moment in Pride. I'm really bad about giving things away. You never want to tell me what you got someone for Christmas. I can't keep it to myself. Same goes here. Just know I'm having a real hard time not spilling the beans. You're going to have to read all the way to the end of Pride to see where I used this photo. You have to come back and tell me if I got the scene right.



The last inspiration photo is of Big Bend National Park. Part of the Pride takes place just northwest of here.




It's a rugged, beautiful country. I loved using it to help create a very exciting suspenseful element in the story. It's at this point in Pride that Mac and Lexie must begin to trust each other before something unthinkable happens.


Well, that's all for today.  I hope you enjoyed the photos I used to inspire In the Shadow of Pride. If you have any questions for me, you can hit the little pencil below. If you have a hard time reaching me there, please, please, please use the NEW Contact Me icon at the top of the page. Send me an email and I'll post your comment and my answer in the comment section for you. I really do love making a connection to readers. 

There will be more to come this week. In the meantime, I hope you all have a great Monday. As always, be nice to each other.

Hugs to all,

Nancy C. Weeks

No comments :

Post a Comment