Tuesday, September 19, 2017

MEXICO, ST. CROIX AND PUERTO RICO ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS


Today, a devastating 7.1-magnitude earthquake struck central Mexico. And again, another hurricane, Hurricane Maria, is tearing through the Caribbean islands.  It's hard to wrap my mind around the last several weeks, one shocking natural disaster after another. With that said, I can't help but remember Pope Francis's words on hope.


 “A tiny flicker of light that feeds on hope is enough to shatter the shield of darkness. A single individual is enough for hope to exist, and that individual can be you. And then there can be another you, then another you and it turns into us.”
His Holiness, Pope Francis

As always, I turn to prayer. To my dear neighbors, I pray for courage in the face of hardship in the days to come. I also pray that you will gather with your family, friends and neighbors and give what comfort you can to those around you. And finally I pray that we all become a little kinder, more compassionate, forgiving of each other and become that one individual who knows without a doubt that hope exist. We need each other.

HUGE HUGS TO ALL!!!
Nancy C. Weeks

P.S. How you can help victims:

No comments :

Post a Comment