Saturday, August 19, 2017

MY THOUGHT FOR TODAY-BARCELONA, SPAIN


FOR THE PEOPLE OF BARCELONA

 Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~


This has been such a sad week. My website was down for days so I'm a little late with this post. My heart aches for those so senselessly killed and injured in Barcelona. I can't come to grips with the why. I'm certain of one thing. The persons responsible are heartless cowards and they will pay dearly. 

I try to keep my post positive, but that is so hard right now. I grieve for those who lives have been changed forever. I wish with all my heart I could fix this world, end the violence, hatred, and the prejudice. Can on person make that kind of change?

Mahatma Gandhi said,  “As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world – that is the myth of the atomic age – as in being able to remake ourselves.”

So maybe I can't change the world, but I can remake me! I can rid my heart of the hate---and the need for revenge. Instead, I will find a way to forgive them. It may take some time, but I will work on it. I refuse to help evil win. That's not why I'm on this earth. There is such goodness, such love in mankind, and in this amazing world we all live. That is my pledge today. Evil doesn't have a chance against the power of my love. Join me my friends and love each other just a little harder, a little deeper.

LOVE TO ALL,
Nancy C. Weeks

No comments :

Post a Comment