Thursday, March 10, 2016

MEET ALEXIA ADAMS, AUTHOR OF HIS BILLION-DOLLAR DILEMMA

Hello Everyone!

Thank you for dropping in today. Friend and author Alexia Adams has dropped by to tell us about her sexy contemporary romance novel, His Billion-Dollar Dilemma. This charming story is on sale today--and only today. 


Welcome, Alexia! My blog is all yours...

Thank you, Nancy for hosting me on your blog today. To give you, and your readers, a little background about myself: I live near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada not too far from where I was born. Although I’ve returned to my roots, I used to travel. A lot. I’ve been around the world twice and lived in several countries, sometimes for a few months, sometimes longer. I have been in my current house for thirteen years now and it’s the longest I’ve ever lived in one spot. However, my husband is a business owner and I have four children in school so I suspect I’ll be here for a few years yet. I started to write romance novels after the birth of my fourth child when I decided to stay home rather than return to my job as a legal assistant. Writing allows me to exercise my mind and vicariously travel to all the places I’ve been before or would still like to visit. It also gives me something to think about when I sort socks and continually empty and reload the dishwasher.

I write contemporary romance novels with alpha males and the women who bring them to their knees, sometimes literally, well, as literally as fiction writing allows. I grew up reading Harlequin Presents and I guess I got hooked on the fantasy hero. But unlike those old-time Harlequin’s my heroines aren’t pretty little secretaries who stand in awe of their great bosses. The women in my novels give as good as they get. They challenge and they push for what they want, what they need, and they aren’t afraid to walk away even if it means a broken heart. Sometimes they’re wounded, as are the heroes, sometimes they’re just caught in the wrong world. But they’re always equals.

Today (and today only) my book His Billion-Dollar Dilemma is on sale for 99cents. 



This book tells the story of Simon and Helen. Simon is a corporate pirate, he buys up companies, strips them of their assets and moves on. His life is all business, until he flies to San Francisco with the intention of checking out a failing engineering company. He’s barely out of the shower before his room is invaded by a furious but oddly intriguing design engineer, Helen. She convinces him to hear a proposal to restructure the company rather than obliterate it. However their scheduled meeting goes awry and the only time they can talk is at a get-together with Helen’s friends and family. As Simon is sucked into her world and learns her secret, he has to figure out what he really wants in life—his billion-dollar company or the woman he can’t forget.





Here’s the official back cover copy:

Never judge a geek by her cover...

Simon Lamont is an ice-cold corporate pirate. He buys companies, strips them of their assets, and moves on. With money. Lots and lots of money. But when he arrives in San Francisco to acquire a floundering company and is accosted by a cute engineer with fire in her eyes, it takes all Simon has to maintain his legendary cool. 

Helen Winston has mastered hiding behind geeky clothes and an obsessive dedication to her job. So what’s with her desire for the arrogant—and sexy as sin—Simon Lamont? He may have only been wearing a towel when they met, but he’s planning to destroy her company, and Helen will do whatever it takes to change his mind. If that means becoming the sexy woman Simon didn't know he wanted, so be it. If only she wasn’t about to walk into her own trap...

And a tiny excerpt:

“Is this your latest design project?” Simon held her sketch pad in one hand, a dripping paper towel in the other.

Now would be a good time to faint, if only her body would cooperate. On the sketch pad was her doodle of a pirate, complete with eye patch and parrot on his shoulder. A pirate who bore an unmistakable likeness to Simon Lamont, minus a few teeth.

She grabbed her garbage can and relieved him of the sodden paper towel while she struggled for something to say. Thankfully, Harold had wandered across the room and was staring at a spectroscope, not listening to their conversation. “Let’s just say, that’s my new target.”

His full lips quirked upward once before he put the pad down. “I look forward to seeing how that works out.”
 ---

Thanks again for hosting me on your blog today, Nancy. And for those interested in His Billion Dollar Dilemma, it’s on sale for 99cents today (March 10) only and will go back up to $2.99 tomorrow. Here are the buy links:

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1X0heJi
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1TfgnpT
iBooks: http://apple.co/1VWDEL2
Kobo: http://bit.ly/HBDDKobo
Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/HBDDNookBook

And if anyone would like to get in touch with me, here are my social media links, and you can sign up for my monthly newsletter on my website to get up-to-date news on sales, latest releases, contests, first look at covers and more:  

Website:  http://alexia-adams.com 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlexiaAdamsAuthor
Twitter: https://twitter.com/alexiaadamsauth 
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/alexiaadamsauth/ 
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Alexia-Adams/e/B00CNIDYN2 
BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/alexia-adams 
Goodreads:http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7068526.Alexia_Adams 

I love to hear from readers, so don’t be shy!

Cheers,
Alexia

3 comments :

  1. Cool idea, Alexia. I can see the very rocky road to their romance already! Mountains & crevasses, maybe, rather than a rocky road!!
    And as a mother of 4 (thankfully, adult) children, the constant dishes were my biggest chore every day. I'd rather scrub the toilets. I used to daydream through those chores, but never romance stories... always, about travel!! One day perhaps.
    Best of luck with your future travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celia, so nice of you to drop by my blog. I'm with you on the constant kitchen mess. Dishes breed in my kitchen. The one thing I have dreamed about when my books hit the 'big time', is having someone who just made the beds and cleaned my kitchen everyday--AND left me with an empty dishwasher. I much rather be traveling than almost anything else--except writing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete