Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A LESSON FROM DR. SEUSS:READ KNOW LEARN GO

Hi Everyone! 
In the beginning of the year, I have promised to share some of the things I run across that just make life a little better, a little sweeter. Well, today I have a blast from the past for you. Do you remember this poster?




I remember reading that simple rhyme in my elementary school library. The poster hung from the wall over a stack of books. Those four simple words, READ KNOW LEARN GO have shaped my life in so many ways. Not only have they shaped my life, but I raised my children to believe that their own pathway to their dreams is discovered from reading.

I have to wonder if Theodor Seuss Geisel had any idea the affect he would have on future generations. 


I will always cherish the simple wisdom of  Theodor Seuss Geisel. Here are some of my favorites:

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

"You'll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut."

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."

Do you have a favorite quote? How did it help shape your life? Please post it here. I would love to hear about it. 

((Hugs to all))

Nancy C. Weeks
Author of In the Shadow of Greed
In the Shadow of Evil-release date-26 August 2013

No comments :

Post a Comment